Family

Family

Monday, December 19, 2016

Hot Cocoa Shakes and Christmas Lights!

So I figured for my first recipe on the blog it would be something so simple that anyone can do it, and I don't even think there is a way to mess it up.  I mean I don't want to jinx it but it's a little dump here, pour here and if it's not to your liking add a little more of an ingredient.  This recipe is one that our family has done during December a couple different times.  I know you are going to think I'm crazy but it's Hot Cocoa Shakes!  Yes, it's a total oxymoron but call it what you want to call it, it's delicious, NOT nutritious, but definitely a treat!  This is a cold shake that we like to do because my kiddos love the taste of hot chocolate but they have the problem of it being too hot!  Yes, we like to put ice cubes in the hot chocolate after the marshmallows have melted a little but this is also a fun little treat giving us the best of both worlds. 

Look at our cute little kitchen penguin mascot!  See even he likes the hot chocolate shakes.

It's only 3 ingredients!  Kemp's Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt, Swiss Miss milk chocolate hot cocoa packet, and 1/2 and 1/2.  I'm not usually very brand specific but there are some things that I am and one of those is Kemp's VANILLA BEAN Frozen Yogurt.  This stuff is so good and you can tell the difference.  I will show you late in the blog why this brand is AMAZING!

**You can use milk but because it's around Christmas I like to splurge a little on calories and taste and you can really tell the richness with the 1/2 and 1/2.  You know your family and yourself better than I do so do what you want for your recipe and make it yours**

So all you do is take about 6 large scoops or about 3 c. of Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt, 1 packet of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Cocoa Powder, and 1 and 1/2 c. of 1/2 and 1/2 and put it into your blender.  Mix until all smooth and incorporated.


When you have it mixed up, take a little taste of it and if it's too thick to your liking than add a little more 1/2 and 1/2.  If it's too thin to your liking than add a little more ice cream.  If you like a really chocolaty shake add more cocoa powder.


Look at this little guy, we have a Hot Cocoa Shake!  Okay maybe it's a Cold Cocoa Shake, but you get the idea!  I like to still put them in our mugs to make us feel fancy and make it more of a treat.

**By the way this is why I am brand specific on Kemp's Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt!  Look at the bottom of the cup!  No I didn't put pepper in my shake, that is the actual vanilla bean that you can see and taste!  So good!**

After our Hot Cocoa Shakes we went driving around our winter wonderland this past weekend, braved the cold to look at Christmas lights.  We had the kids pick their favorite houses and we would get out to take family pictures with them.

We got a couple crazy looks.  We don't know if it was because it was late, or just plan cold and no one else was on the road, but we embraced it and made it a fun evening with the family.




Hot Cocoa Shakes
6 large scoops or about 3 c. of Kemp's Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt
1 packet of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Cocoa Powder
1 + 1/2 c. of 1/2 and 1/2

Add all ingredients into your blender and mix until all incorporated and smooth.  Pour into 4 mugs and top with chocolate syrup or whip cream.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment