Family

Family

Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  Yes I know that I am a day off but it's still fairly new so I feel like I'm on top of it.


Almost every year I make a couple resolutions around this time because with a new year starting and the holidays behind me, it just makes sense.  I am that person that at least once a month likes to look at my life and reevaluate what's going on.  What's going wrong, what needs to be changed, what am I happy with and is working well?  So even with this going on monthly I  feel like resolutions are new goals for me to work on to make my year what I want it!  I look at resolutions as goals not something that if I don't do it one day I have failed!

Remember in college or interviews when they ask where you want to be in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years?  Sometimes I think those goals get shadowed by your daily lives if you don't have daily goals or even yearly goals.  I mean when I don't write my goals down in front of me where I can see them each day, I often find myself dreaming less and less focused.



Being pregnant around the first of the year has switched my focus of my resolutions to be more family oriented and life focused as opposed to recent  years when they are more health and career oriented.

My years resolutions/goals:
#1 Start a grateful journal to have the kids participate in.
#2 Put my phone down more and be aware of everything around me
#3 Play more
#4 Write 1 blog a week

I am being easy and realistic on myself this year since we are soon to be a family of six with a husband running a restaurant.   But again if I don't have these little focused goals in front of me it's pretty easy to let the daily grind get the best of me.

Do you make resolutions? What are your yearly goals/ resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment